Social Media will have you think that it’s a three day weekend for EVERYONE. But some of us know all too well that that isn’t the case… So here’s a tribute to those of us working hard over the weekend and on Monday.
1. You will feel angry about every social media post about the three day weekend.
2. You will feel even angrier at every social media post about having just a four-day working week.
3. For some reason it will feel ten times harder to get up for work on Bank Holiday Monday than any other Monday.
4. Wondering whether it’s worth drinking with friends and trying to get through work with a hangover.
5. Feeling secretly smug when everyone else is nursing a hangover and you’re feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed.
6. You’ll be pleased about how much easier travelling to work is.
7. You’ll secretly be wishing it will rain so you don’t feel so bad about having to work.
8. But if it is sunny, you will be avoiding social media at all costs so you don’t have to see pics of people enjoying picnics, beaches and beer gardens!
9. You will be wondering how come you’ve had to turn down more social invitations than ANY other weekend of the year… Has everyone come out of hibernation or something?
10. But at the same time, you’ll be pleased and feeling smug about not having the pressure of trying to make sure your bank holiday is THE BEST WEEKEND EVER!